Wednesday, August 4, 2010

overcome

Have you ever had a moment where you were just overcome by God's overwhelming presence? I was sitting behind the library this morning spending some time praying, thinking and listening to worship music (one of my favortie ways to spend my early mornings) and I was just overcome by God. The waves were crashing against the rocks a few feet in front of me, the sun was shining brightly over the water off to my left and I was just instantly at peace. I know that God is always around us, but a lot of times I forget that with the distraction of the world. So it was wonderful to have that time this morning to just be still and feel God right there with me. It's my prayer today that all, at some point in thier life, might also have moments like this one. And I pray that we would all be more aware of God around us amidst our busy lives, because it's when we feel like we just don't have enough in us and that it's all going wrong, that's when He can be felt the most if you're just still enough to let Him be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment