Friday, July 30, 2010

singing

I'm sitting here listening to a station on Pandora and it made me remember my kids in Africa singing each morning. I cannot express how much my heart longs to hear that again. Every morning I would walk in, my little 5 year olds would sit on the floor and sing VBS-like songs. I loved when they would sing it in English and then sing it in Africaans. I've been thinking about Africa a lot lately-I only have 2 semesters left before I graduate and each passing day makes my heart long more and more for Africa. If it's God's plan, I really hope that He calls me back there. I just feel like He doesn't put this passion in everyone so I had better sieze it and embrace it!
The Island was busy again today and I felt like I ran around everywhere. But it was a good day filled with mostly cute kids and laughter. And tomorrow brings back the normal schedule and with that I will again have time in the morning to go sit and pray and start my morning with G0d---I've been missing that these past few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment