Tuesday, August 17, 2010

a desire that cannot be ignored

So I watched the movie Precious last night. I knew what it was about before watching it so I somewhat knew what to expect, but wow. It had never before occured ed to me that there are people out there who are actually unloved. I mean, not a single person around them is loving on them, at all. I have always had a passion and desire to teach at an inner-city school, but now I know it's what I need to do. Although it may be too late and it may not make much of a difference I have to spend at least a year in the life of these kids and love on them. I want every child who ever steps foot in my classroom to know that there is at least one person in the world who thinks that they are worth it and that they are loved. I just wish I had already graduated so that I could start in those classrooms now...

No comments:

Post a Comment