Friday, August 13, 2010
Showers of beauty
I had been looking forward to last night all summer and it definately lived up to all that I expected. I have been trying to get my butt out of bed to watch a meteor shower for years and last night I finally did it. Well I guess I never really went to bed, but still I made it up the long hill to see the glorious stars. Here on the Island there is a place called Fort Holmes which happens to be a large hill on the top of the Island that you can see everything from. There is very little light up there so it makes a perfect spot for star-gazing. And last night's shower was up against the perfect backdrop! The moon couldn't be seen because it was so new, there were no clouds (most of the time) and the air was just a bit cool. We (Kyle, Jackie and Anna) stayed up there for hours watching countless stars shoot through the sky. They were so bright and defined and I was simply in awe. Definately a night I will never forget!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment