Sunday, August 8, 2010

London and Mom's

This afternoon was simply wonderful! We had two little girls from London and they were so much fun to spend the afternoon with! They had the wonderful accent and couldn't stop talking and were just so full of energy. It was a nice refreshing afternoon having lunch with just the two of them and Jen at the pool and then doing random arts and crafts back in Rebecca's.
This evening wasn't bad but made me think a lot. We had two new girls and as we sat at dinner talking I discovered they had been adopted and had not one mother but two. I was a bit taken aback, as I've never actually talked to children who had lesbian parents. I had so many questions I wanted to ask but I knew I couldn't. They did share that one mother left and that they were sad about it. I'm really not sure how I feel about all of it. I mean, I know that God loves us all no matter what, but what I really wonder about is the well-being of these girls. They will never know what it's like to have a father, which I think is critical in any child's life. And how will they view the world and themselves having had two mothers? It's a lot to consider and I really don't know how I feel about all of it, but I know God had me meet those girls for a reason. I guess I will just continue to ponder....

No comments:

Post a Comment