Monday, August 9, 2010

a day well spent

I finally had a day off today and Jen didn't have to go in to work until 3 so we decided to get up early and check some things off of our list. I only have two weeks left on the Island and I wanted to make sure I did all of the things on my list before I leave. So we spent two and a half hours biking around the middle of the Island. We went to Skull Cave and climbed around, rode up to Fort Holmes and took in the view from the highest point on the Island, and wound our way toward the airport to see the crack in the Island, which isn't as cool as it might sound but we checked it off nonetheless. It was a well spent day filled with adventure and lots of laughter. I spent the rest of the day relaxing and doing laundry. Oh, and I've started reading this wonderful book called Eat, Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I've been wanting to read it for years but now that I've started it I know I wasn't meant to pick it up until now. It's a wonderful book that makes me laugh and is helping to continue the restoration in my soul that I so desperately needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment