Sunday, September 5, 2010
a mini-vacation
I decided that for the long holiday weekend I would travel over the lake to visit my dad in Wisconsin. I drove about two hours south to pick up a train that would take me into Chicago, where I then walked about a half an hour to another train which took me into Illinios where my dad was waiting to pick me up. I always like taking the train because it lets me just sit and relax. And as a friend so nicely illustrated the other, it makes me feel like I'm in some distant place like Europe traveling to wonderful places. My time here so far has been good. I spent the first night doing some errands and just spending time with my dad. Yesterday we went and got my new running shoes, which I tried out this morning and love, and then spent the rest of the day at the Taste of Madison. They had closed off the street surrounding the capital building and vendors were set up everywhere with so many different foods. It was really nice to just walk around and enjoy the people and spending time with my dad. And better yet was the weather. Most people were complaning beacuse it was so cold, but I loved it. I love this time of year when the weather starts to cool off and you can just feel fall coming in. I can't wait for the trees to start changing and the sweaters to come out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment