Saturday, September 25, 2010

1%

As I sat in class the other night, the last of 5 for the day, I realized how incredibly blessed I was to be in that chair.  I have had a lot of professors over the years tell me that we are the incredibly blessed 1% who get to go to college.  Did you realize that?!  Here in America we take it for granted that we get to go to college; it's most of the time expected as the next step in life after high school.  But we should be so greatful every time we sit down in a classroom or lecture hall.  Of the entire world population, we are the 1% that get's to learn all that we do.  So the next time you gumble about an exam or the difficulty of a class or even the unfairness of a prof, remember that there is 99% of the world who would love to be where you are.  Just take a moment to soak in yet another blessing in your life and realize the wonderful opportunity you have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment