Saturday, September 11, 2010

finding the little things... and smiling about them all

I have re-established my firm grip on life.  Thankfully my fear of losing it all only lasted a day.  My mornings of running and meditation have helped a lot and I've been trying to remember that it's the litlte things in life that sometimes have to carry us through.  As I'm sitting here finishing my scrambled eggs and reading the update's of Trish's Greek blog, I'm looking outside and seeing the first leaves of the season start to change.  And it makes me see that if God can take care of these tree's year after year, after they go throuhg this drastic change so often, I know He can take care of me throughout any change in my life.  So although my best friend is away in Greece, I am soaking in the goodness here.  Jenn and I enjoyed a wonderful afternoon of shopping and just enjoying the company, Brynne and I got all dressed up for a night of fireworks and wine, and now I get to finish up some homework before going to pick up KD for a sleepover.  My life really is wonderful, despite my moments of sadness.  So world, here is my message to you: bring on the sadness, because my joy is far greater than anything you can bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment