Saturday, September 25, 2010

Art Prize

I absolutely LOVE my city!  Grand Rapids for the past two years has been home to a wonderful 19 day event called Art Prize.  Artisits from all across the globe come together to display thier art throughout the city in hopes that those of us walking along with vote thiers number 1.  The spectrum of talent is incredible.   From paintings, to sculptures to live preformances we get to experience it all... for free!  Thrusday night one of the areas, the Westside, put on a free outdoor movie with free concessions a few blocks from my house.  It was so wonderful to sit outside on a blanket and watch Westside Story and to top it all the weather was absolutely perfect!  It was the last of our Indian Summer and I could not have asked for a more perfect way to spend a Thursday night of free entertainment and snacks.  And then there is the art itself that I've viewed.  I have only spent maybe 20 minutes so far and have already been blown away!  It is just amazing what some people come up with and to think of all the time and energy that has gone into what they have created.  I am so excited to see the rest of what this beautiful city has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment