Saturday, September 18, 2010

A little alone time is alwasy needed but not always welcomed

Although it's something I've been working on for the past 8 months or so, I am still not always that great at spending time by myself.  Yesterday was one of those nights were I was somewhat okay with being by myself but did not particularly enjoy it.  Granted there are a lot of times were I love grabbing some tea and just sitting on my porch and listening to music or reading.  I even crave those times now.  Last night though, not one of those nights.  So to help get me through a night in by myself, I did what any girl would have done: I went and bought a bottle of wine and a single serving of ice-cream (they think they created these little things for people who want a little taste of ice-cream but cannot control how much they eat.  WRONG, the people who buy them are people like me who have no one to share them with and we stand there depressed trying to decide what flavor we alone want to eat.  But whatever, I fully enjoyed my yogurt blended chocolate brownie!)  Oh, and those single serving popcorns, yea I had one of those too.  I only allowed myself to wallow in my own self pity for a few moments before I fully indulged in the wonderful buttery flavor, sweetness of the wine and overall greatness of the chocolate ice-cream all my own.  So although my night alone was not wanted nor really welcomed for that matter, it was enjoyed and utterly delicious.  And for tonight's encore, Frank and Michael will accompany me in the kitchen while I make homemade applesauce and create a hopefully delicious meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment