I realized this afternoon that it has been quite a while since I've last blogged. So here's to a hodge-podge of randomness....
My big accomplishment for last week-I fixed out toliet all on my own. We were having to stick our hand in the tank and manually plunge the water out before it would refill. It only took a $2 part from Home Depot and some effort with a wrench, but by golly I did! It was just really nice to know that I could take care of something that I would normally have had a guy come fix for me.
Jenn and I went down to Art Prize again and I again fell in love with this wonderful city! There were so many wonderful pieces of art and it was a perfect fall evening to wander around the city with a wonderful roomie and friend. And we ended the night at Stellas, a vegan/vegetarian restaurant. I got my first vegetarian chicken sandwhich and it was really good!
The weekend was spent at home and was beyond needed. It was really nice to just relax with family and put any little stresses of school behind for a few days. And I met my new best friend, Jack. My family got him about 3 weeks ago and he's almost enough to make me move back home. I have never let a dog sleep with me before, but Jack was in my bed all night. And he wont leave my side either as I wander through the house. He's also wonderful with walks and even running with me; needless to say, it was very hard leaving him last night.
So in short, the past week or so was pretty wonderful. The weather is starting to get cold and as much as I hate the cold, I love the fall and all of it's colors. So as long as the snow holds off for another month at least, I believe I will continue to enjoy this beautiful season.
No comments:
Post a Comment