Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Fabulous Farewell

The dinner went without a hitch.  I could not have asked for a better way to spend one last evening with so many dear friends.  The food was fantastic and the company was perfect.  I didn't care that the tables and chairs didn't match, that there were still objects not put away or that there might be a stray cobweb that had been forgotten.  The only thing that mattered was that I was surrounded by the ones I loved. 

It's crazy to think that I will be heading back to Madison tomorrow.  It feels like I've been back in MI for months, yet the tug of home in Madison is just as strong as when I got here.  I am really going to miss everyone, but friends and family were so supportive that I feel almost 100% ready to head off to my big adventure.  Being back at work on Monday will be a mix of emotions for sure.  I am really excited to see the kids and my co-workers, but it will be hard to keep back the tears knowing it's my last week.  The nights will be fun though, spending it with friends and Dad and Kristi. 

17 days.  17 days, and I will be starting my life in Africa.  Hard to believe that something I have dreamed of for so long is just over two weeks away.  God, you are beyond great!

No comments:

Post a Comment