Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Be the change...
A few years back my dad bought me a necklace in New York with these words inscribed on it: "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi was a pretty smart man and I have taken these words to heart for years as I worn this necklace every day. Tomorrow morning at 10:30 I board a plan that will take me back to SA. I can hardly believe that only two years after setting foot on the land that my heart has longed for as long as I can remember I am returning. Though my time in Africa was incredible the first time around, I cannot even begin to put into words how blessed I feel to be able to live there for two years. There are so many emotions right now, but as I pack up my last few things and begin this adventure I pray that I can keep the words of my necklace close to my heart. This is a once in a lifetime chance to truly be the chance I wish to see in the world and I fully anticipate on carrying that through. So Zambia, I'm ready, HERE I COME!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment