Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Information Overload

Sunday evening I joined a group on Facebook for the group I will be going to Zambia with.  For the first 30 seconds I was excited to see so many people had joined it already and that there were some great conversations started.  But then I started trying to read them all.  Before I could even get through a third of the posts, new ones were popping up.  I was SO stressed.  I don't think I had yet reached that level of nervousness up to that point.  I was reading about all of these things that people were buying and doing to prepare and how packed they were, and I couldn't take it.  I literally had to shut the computer and just go to bed because I couldn't handle it.  But of course I couldn't get to sleep because I kept thinking about everything I had read and how  behind I felt I was.

The next night was just as bad as I tried to buy a tent during the Cyber Monday deals, and both of the tents that I tried to buy were sold out as I was trying to buy them. It was so stressful and time consuming that I almost started crying to the lady on the phone who I tried to place my second order with.  After telling me I looked as pale as a ghost, Dad said I should just let it go and go to bed. So I did. And of course he saved the day again and stayed up late that night finding a good replacement tent, showing it to me before I rushed off to work the next morning and ordering it before I was on lunch.  Super Daddy to the rescue!

And then Wednesday it all turned around! Not only did I have a tent (big worry off my mind), but I got a message from one of the girls in my group saying that she also lived in Madison and wanted to know if I wanted to get together for coffee!! She lives 10 minutes from me, so we decided to meet Saturday afternoon.  I am beyond excited to be able to one, get to know someone already, and two, talk with someone who knows exactly how I'm feeling!

So although it started out stressful, this FB group is turning out to be great!





No comments:

Post a Comment