Tuesday, December 20, 2011
overwhelmed and overjoyed
Whoa. With only a little over a month until I move to Africa, the panic is starting to set in. Sleepless nights, wandering mind, emotional rollercoaster. Yup, that's right where I'm at. The black circles are starting to appear around my eyes both from lack of sleep and worry. Don't get me wrong, I'm still SO excited to go, but now that the details are coming together and I'm starting to get nervous. Just when I thought I've thought of everything, 5 more things pop into my mind. And I try to just keep going, pushing myself too much because I know if I slow down for just a moment too long, I just might loose it. Though at this point I think that might relieve some of the tension. But I can't slow time down, I can't get mad when I don't sleep enough, all I can do is enjoy the time I have. I'm going to treat each day like I always have: like it's the best day of my life. I'm going to smile when I'm happy, let myself cry when I'm sad, and feel every emotion inbetween. Africa, here I come, ready or not...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment