Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bliss

Though the posts won't be long, I realized I will have to update his from my phone once in a while during he next two months. There is just too much that will happen for me to try and sum it up all at once. So please excuse any spelling/word mistakes and enjoy my first but update :) I can't decide whether Morning or evening is my favorite time here. I love getting up in the morning, starting the braizer and reading while the water boils. That two hours spent getting breakfast ready and the. Eating and sipping my tea are so peaceful. I listen to the wind rush through the trees, sometimes in loud bursts other times as a soft whisper that I hardly notice it. I know these mornings won't last as school starts in a few weeks and I will be rushing to get there by 7:30. So for now I am going to continue to enjoy my peace and slowness every morning. Evenings are full of laughter. I've started heading next door around 18:00 and just sitting with my family as they do their evening activities. They each take turns bathing and the rest of us just sit and laugh. I can't understand much of what they say but they are patient with me while I try. And hey love to learn new things from me as well. Zila, who is about 3 LOVES "bumble bee bumble bee" which is just a lite rhyming song that ends in my tickling her. She could t get enough of it and started saying bumble bee when she wanted More. Though I love cooking I also love spending time with my family. I spend every night sittig around their table with a light that makes it barely able to see the food in front of you, all of us reaching in with our hands to grab shima and whatever relish we want until we are full. Its a beautiful way to grow close and share our cultures as we talk and laugh before winding up the night listening to music or a talk show on the radio. So like I said, it's a hard decision. Peaceful morning or laughter filled evening. I think I'll keep them both.

2 comments: