Monday, January 3, 2011

Happily Ever After

A recent phone call has left me with a wonderful new realization on love.  My entire life I have felt that love was meant to be a fairytale, and I'm not saying that I now think the opposite is true, but rather fairytales aren't limited to Disney movies and chick-flicks.  I always had it in my head that when I met the man I was meant to spend my life with I would know it right then and there.  And though I think there is still a definite possibility of that happening, I am now opening up my world to other possibilities.  Maybe I'll meet the man I'm meant to be with and not know just how wonderful he is right then. Maybe we will have some mild attraction and talk for a while and form a friendship.  And over the months or years we may find that there is more there and that we do in fact want to spend the rest of our lives together.  Maybe I'll meet someone and then we go our separate ways for a long time with no strong hopes of getting in touch again. But then, out of the blue we happen to run into each other or butt dial the other and an old friendship and flame is ignited.  And now that I think about it, in a way, that is it's own fairytale.  So I may walk past a man on my way into a building and instantly we know we are meant to be together and the rest is history.  Or maybe I meet a guy who sparks my interest in one way or another and we, over an undetermined amount of time, get to know each other and find that we are madly and deeply in love.  However it happens, I'm open.  No longer am I going to limit myself to what I have always thought a fairytale should be.  Fairytales are what we make them to be, and who knows, maybe my love story will in fact be a fairytale movie some day, whether on the big screen or simply in my own mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment