Friday, October 22, 2010

oh passwords

I have finally returned to my wonderful blog after a very long and frustrating attempt to simply log in... I have been having to create a lot of accounts and passwords recently and consequently have realized I forgot which password and login goes with what.  But today I have finally figured at least this account out and will now attempt to get down all that has happened in the last two or three weeks.....

I don't think I blogged about this yet, but for about 3 months I had been training for my first 5K.  Now for those of you who know me I know you're sitting there thinking yea right, Andrea hates to run.  And yes I will admit that I was never very fond of it, but while I was stuck on an island only 8 miles around, my activities were limited.  So I started running.  At first I only did it a couple times a week, but then I realized I could do it and so I kept pushing myself further and further.  And when I told Brynne about it she said we had to find a 5K to sign up for and we did.  The date was set for Oct. 9th- GVSU's homecoming run.  I really got my but into gear once I signed up and started running almost every day.  When school started I would get up early to run before class and the days I worked I came home and threw on my shoes before I lost the drive.  The work all paid off and that beautiful, perfect Saturday morning I ran my first 5K in 29:05!  My running since has slacked quite a bit, but in my defense it's cold out!  So my plan in to start kick-boxing in the mornings instead... we'll see how it goes.

The fall weather has been simply wonderful.  It is getting colder out, but we have only had rain once this whole time.  The colors are breathtaking and I simply could not be happier to be in west Michigan this time of year.  God sure does have a way of showing His greatness and all that He is capable of.

I recently discovered the public library downtown and have LOVED checking out books!  My school work has kind of been put on the back burner becasue I keep getting all of these great books!  And I found out that the library carries almost any movie you can think of and you can check them out for free!  So good-bye nights of paying for movies and hello free entertainment!

Job wise I am SUPER busy!  I was working MWF 8-12 nannying for a 5 year old girl and then about a week and a half ago I got a call from two women and the next day, two new jobs!  So now I'm still working the MWF but as soon as I'm done there I head over to round two helping an incredbily great woman clean up her house and get orangized before she has her second child who is due in about a month.  She has a sweet little girl, Lira, who is almost 2 and whom I adore.  The third job is only every other week for a few hours watching a 3 and 5 year old boys.  It is keeping me busy which is good and of course helping me to bring in some extra cash-always nice.

I also joined a small group recently through Mars Hill.  They are calling it a short circle as we only meet for about 2 months and we forus on the series that the church is going throgh at the time.  Right now we are figuring out what the Kingdom is and what it means to us.  It's been really great and the group is 9 woman all in our 20's. 

Needless to say, life is pretty busy.  But I like it and really have no complaints.  I am doing great with school, 17 credits and all and am excited to be back in the classroom again starting in January.  Thanksingiving is also coming up quick and I am very excited to spend time with the family.  Although my biggest source of excitement is the anticipation of Trish coming home in a mere 8 weeks!  It's been great seeing her pictures and hearing all of her stories, but I can't wait to have her back home to share all the rest with me and to finally have an end to our 9 months apart.  It's been great for us both and we will have both grown so much and I just can't wait to be back under the same roof!

No comments:

Post a Comment