I've tried this once before while spending 6 weeks in South Africa, but it didn't work out very well so I'm giving it another go. I'm mostly doing this for my own sake so that I can remember this point in my life and all the up's and down's that come with it. I've always longed for adventure in my life and it all started when I left for Africa. I had never left the country but I was ready to make this leap of faith. It was the most incredible 6 weeks of my life; I had never felt so alive and in tune with God. I learned a lot about myself and fell in love with the people and world around me. I found new adventures every day, both big and small. I crossed numerous things off of my bucket list, I laughed, I cried, I danced, I sang, I lived life to the fullest; I loved every minute of it!
I spent 2 weeks back home before moving to Mackinac Island for the summer. I have a job working with the Children's Program at the Grand Hotel. Being here has been a whole new adventure for me. Although I am somewhat closer to home and have made new friends, this is essentially the first time I have spent a significant amount of time on my own. It has been hard but I am loving this time in my life to figure out who I am and where God is sending me. My biggest passion is to follow God's plan and not my own, and it's here on the Island that I am learning to do just that. I have learned to take life slower, to see the little things, to love my life even when it doesn't go as planned, and to take every day in stride and realize the beauty of it all instead of getting caught up on the little things.
I still have a month left here and am excited for each day of it becasue I know that God will continue to show me new realizations all the time. And in the midst of it all, I am going to love my life and continue taking the time to just breathe.
No comments:
Post a Comment