Saturday, September 17, 2011

the ups and downs

I feel like it's a lot of work for my emotions with my recent move to Madison.  I find myself loving the city and extremely happy at most times, but then I have times like today when I find myself asking what am I doing here and is this all real...  I think I just stay so busy during the week and then the weekend hits and I don't know what to do with myself.  I am slowly starting to meet people, which is helpful, and I'm finding my way around more and more every day too.  The weekends just leave me with too much time to think.  Thinking about the fact that yes, I did in fact pack up all of my belongings and move to a new state.  It's wierd to think about.  I'm sitting in my room and except for a few boxes in the basement, my entire world is in this room.  And I think the hardest part is not feeling like anywhere is home.  I've been gone long enough now that GR doesn't feel like a home I miss, now just a city I lived in that I'd like to visit again. Yet I haven't been in Madison long enough to make it feel like home either.  I'm at this point a drifter waiting for home to set in.  So until then, I guess I am going to get out and enjoy the sunshine and smile at another day I've been blessed with, home or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment