Today has been an absolutely wonderful day! At almost exactly midnight last night I got a text saying, finally, that GRPS were closed for today! A SNOWDAY! I spent the next 8 hours sleeping in happiness.
The day started off wonderfully. Trish and I watched Spanglish then spent some time cleaning, organizing and looking through old pictures in the basement. I also got to shred a TON of papers! Lame I know, but exciting nonetheless.
The real excitement started after our eggs over easy and toast. We figured the plows wouldn't get to our road at all today, but around 1 they began rolling in. Our driveway still had a good 2 and a half feet of snow so we figured it couldn't hurt to ask them if they would do our driveway. I came back in the house victorious-the nice man said he would plow the area around my car that was being plowed in worse and worse in the road! Next was Trish's turn to see if we could get the actual driveway plowed. He agreed! Well, he did but he misunderstood what she had said I guess. Shehad told him my car was the one in the street and that we needed to get it in the driveway, so he plowed the first half and left all of the snow from that half pushed up toward the back, and the garage with Trish and Jenn's car in it! So we waited until we saw another truck and Jenn took her turn. Again we were victorious! This guy plowed all but the last 10 feet. Getting rid of that last bit took a good hour but in the end the driveway was cleared! And I managed to get my car dug out and safely in the driveway!
Trish and I just couldn't sit inside any longer and it really was a beautiful day out. The sun was shining and the wind was gone so we put on some cross country skis that her aunt and uncle left here for a few weeks and headed into the streets! Nothing like a trip through the neighborhood in style. It was so fun and so much work.
The rest of the evening was spent doing laundry, homework and eating a wonderful meal made by Trish and Jenn's mom that came from the freezer into the oven and tasted SO good! We topped off the night with a risky trip to Family Fare for ice-cream and enjoyed a relaxing night in watching a movie.
The night ended with a bang, GRPS canceled again and so did Trish's school!!!!!!!! What a glorious, wonderful, blessed day!


No comments:
Post a Comment